Saturday, June 19, 2010

THE SHELTER ONLINE: THE HAND THAT FEEDS US BITES US TOO.

It seemed it would not be my turn until recently in the trace and the labeling of certain individuals for good reasons, rather than for bad by the hand that feeds us in the shelter and at times bites us too.
The labeling and the trace that had seemed would never occur to me occurred to me in the previous day in the trace that followed me in the library to many people surprise. Later in the Evening while on the queues for the last meal given in which we had hardly made choices of what to eat, I wondered, how anybody could have asked me about what had happened in the library, but anyway it did ask me without a bite to my surprise.
Q) Mr. Godfrey, what made you very intelligent?
A) There is something called intelligence and I happened to have much of these something.
Q) If my surprised children ask me a bout your intelligence, what should I tell them?
A) Tell them simply that, I am An author who is also Professor of English Literature in one University and Professor of pure and applied maths in another University without mentioning about that something.
My turn came and she handed me a plate . But, when I went again for the second time for another plate, the hand that feeds us asked me again.
Q) Why have you come for my food again, you don't seem very hungry?
A) Your food has been the healthy food I have eaten in a week and I would like to make it two plates, instead of one, eventhough I am not hungry.

Written by Godfrey Ohia.

No comments:

Post a Comment