Tuesday, October 13, 2009

THE SHELTER ONLINE.

THE PLEASANT AND THE UNPLEASANT IN THE
SHELTER.


It has been along ride, which fortunately would not end in the shelter I have stayed in for about ayear , despite the pleasant and the unpleasant that may be heard about being sheltered and probably fed once in adult's life time.
However,all that I have been through may be an advantage that has enabled me to know certain things I would not have known, if I had not been through all that I have been through.
Words such as awretch , or abandonment, tiredness, or fertique obsession, or adddiction, irritation, fights, bankbruptcy, or broke, anger, hunger and nakedness may be frequently heard, or used at the initial phases of one's accommodation in the shelter , but as the time elapses,good words and expressions such as, ' I have done it at last 'though alone and with less difficulties , I have neither been excited, nor felt the triumph and joy of my victory may be frequently heard, besides simple words such as I am cured, saved, blessed,or done would often surface,untill then shelterdwellers would forgive their parents and relatives for the abandonment they had suffered and would appreciate all the little things their parents ,relatives and friends had done to them during their childhood, or as grown adults.

Written by Godfrey Ohia.

No comments:

Post a Comment