Tuesday, October 20, 2009

THE SHELTER ONLINE: THE ATTACK BY THE FIVE AMERICANS.


Deliberate repeated attempts for the fight against my person seemed to have worked on the fourth attempt and inflicted insects bites on my left eye and my right knee that may remained swollen and hurting for atleast two to three days.
The early morning wake-up was followed by the usual cold shower and later accompanied by the surprise thrash,or stollen luggage that ended in my attack by five Americans, abrief fight and the escape of the five Americans.
After I had finished taking shower, I checked my luggage for achange of clothes and to place the dirty items I had on me in to the bag. It wasn't there.But, when I asked the security responsible, he said, the bags could have been thrashed, if it had been placed in the wrong location and suggested that I should check my luggage at the back of the building. When I did, I found three Americans dividing my things on the exact location where the security had told me to check for my lost bags. When I asked them for the reason they had been dividing my items , they told me that the the bags had been thrashed by somebody and not the usual security in the shelter.I took all the things I found on their hands and placed them in one of the bags, despite the fact that one of my bags that had my important medicine books and mathematics calculations had vanished and another had my beautiful warm pull-over on and claimed that he had bought it.As we were arguing about my misssing items,while placing my things in one of my bags,one of the boys sneaked silently behind me and knocked me at the back of my neck, another jumped and the third faced me with ablow that missed me, I pushed him on to the ground and stepped on him. As I was still on him with my foot, another appeared out of nowhere like an invisible man and knocked me from behind on thesame spot. I lost consciousness for afew seconds and felt to the ground , but when I regained consciousness, I realized five of them boxing and kicking my stiffened body. I managed to stand on my feet , as I did, five of them began to run as they escaped with some of my things.
Few minutes later,an Ambulance and apolice car pulled in to the side to investigate the fight with possible treatment of my swollen eye. I told the police that, my things have been stolen because one of them sneaked at my back and knocked me at the back to unconsciousness, but told the Doctor and the medical staff who came to my assistance that, my condition did not require medical attention, inspite of the swollen eye and knee.
The police wrote a report and simply pulled off followed by the Ambulance.
I resumed my daily early morning walk in the park and an hour later visited the library to write this article.
In bitterness, I promised myself to get each and every one of them by their tails, eventhough they did not have tails on them because my swollen eye obliged me to cancel my flight to to Spain and later to Beijing for atleast aweek, or two weeks from the intended date of my travel,due to the fact that acaptain of any private airplane should not fly an airplane with swollen,or single eye, despite the efficient function of my left eye that did not require much sight correction with any kind of lense.


Written by Godfrey Ohia.

No comments:

Post a Comment