Wednesday, September 30, 2009

MY FAREWELL GREETINGS AS MY ADVENTURE IN THE SHELTER APPROACHES IT'S END.


MY FAREWELL GREETINGS AS MY ADVENTURE IN THE
SHELTER APPROACHES IT'S END.

Aday light in and aday light out passes as the days comes and goes,we do nothing and yet we experience changes that are hardly appreciated by many.
When I slept on the chairs for many days and months, while I was in the shelter,my eyes opened and I knew I had been living very well in the hotel.
Unfortunately,neither a return to my hotel,nor sleeping upstairs would be possible for my credit cards may not be recovered on time and sleeping upstairs could mean my suffocation, due to poor ventilation in the shelter as many shelter dwellers would prefer the windows be kept closed at night.
As the days of my adventure in the shelter approaches it's end, I wonder how much I have accomplished in the shortest period of time, eventhough I have not been doing much than previously. An early morning wake up and a cold shower have been some of the things I have acquainted myself to and liked them.Besides the irregularities in the meal services and the overconsumption which meant, sometimes we would eat like we would never eat a gain, but few hours later we would be hungry again and other times we would not have anything to eat for a day, or for almost two days.
Finally, I convey my farewell greetings to those who may have appreciated my stay with them in the shelter and to the invisible friends who may have been in away affectionately in touched.
I hope that all the wishes expressed in conversations and in the prayers in the shelter would become a reality for many of the shelter dwellers as it has happened to me.

Written by Godfrey Ohia.

No comments:

Post a Comment